The Women: Wednesday Roundup
1. I am pretty sure Darcy Turenne is amazing at everything she sets out to do, now she can add award winning film maker to that list. In true Darcy fashion, she created a beautiful and clever film which took top honors at the 72hr Filmmaker Showdown at the Whistler Ski and Snowboard Festival. You can watch her film, The Trip, here.
2. Calling all athletes, the Women's Sport Foundation has a Travel and Training Fund available to help female athletes reach their athletic goals. This is an incredible opportunity from an incredible organization. Apply here. The deadline is MAY 2nd, so jump on it. Not looking for a grant but love what they do, donate here. :) Also, join the @womensportsfdn on Twitter Friday May 2nd from 1-2pm EST to celebrate the best moments in women's sports and the future of women's sports. #wsfcelebrates
3. The Whistler Bike Park is opening soon, very soon. I don't know about you but I am pumped. To get you even more excited, watch Whistler Bike Park athlete Lula Darquier rip it up.
4. I have the hardest time getting my riding layers right in the Spring. It's hot. It's cold. Windy. Rainy. Hailing. Storming. Regardless of what it's doing outside, I don't leave home without my Skida bandana as it always seems to keep me comfortable and happy. Having something around your neck keeps you that much warmer when it get's chilly. And when it's hot, it just looks cute. :) My friend Corinne started this company while going to college at Middlebury and was featured in Forbes as an All Star Student Entrepreneur and I think she is the coolest! Yeahhh.
5. To me, this is what competition is all about...when we raise each other, we all win.
6. Check out the XC girls SHREDDING the World Cup course in Cairns!
7. Barbell Denim has been going crazy on social media this week. It's got stretch and made for athletes with bums and legs! I'll be buying some.
8. Looking for an epic adventure this summer? Join two of my favorite girls, Katrina Strand and Emily Slaco on a women's only backcountry trip to the South Chilcotins in BC. Dates are July 3rd-7th.
Photos: Dave Buzzard | John Wellburn | Flow Magazine | David Stockman | Ryan Miller/Red Bull
Got something cool to share? Send me an email.